Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: If you knew then what you know now.....

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Darla60's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2005
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I buy what I love, with no intention of ever reselling. I figure if I have the dolls, finding clothes for them is a fun "hunt". Quite honestly, there aren't very many AG outfits that appeal to me and I like the idea of the dolls looking different from all the others. I think it sort of gives them their own personality.

    Darla

  2. #12
    DollDetective
    Guest DollDetective's Avatar

    Post

    I would start out with jsut one doll and get her trunk and all her clothing, then I would work on some of the accessories, like the summer ones and the school supplies and lunch. I'd even get the zxtra ribbons, socks and shoes and undies if they offer them. Then once that girl is all complete, then I'd move on to the next. But I would only work with the doll that are really special to me. This collection has become more of an emotional collection rather then a investment collection. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member greenehorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Since I've only been collecting for a few months I may not be able to offer the best advice, but for me I am leaning more towards collecting a few of the dolls and the parts of the collection I like rather than all the dolls. I do feel like I would be on AG overload if I had all the dolls, and frankly they don't all appeal to me. I don't think I will collect furniture and accessories either, because I just don't have the room for them, and I just prefer the dolls and their clothing. Not sure if that helps you out any? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member anniebeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This past Christmas I got Felicity-she was my first doll. I plan to get her entire collection slowly over time. I am concentrating on it by seasons. I have all of her winter collection right now, except her doll and invitaion. When I bought that item at the AG store they accidentally gave me Elizabeth's doll. Next I am working on the spring collection. I have the dress and pinner apron so far for that.I hope to get Posey while she's on sale this month, but I'm really dolly-broke tight now, so we'll see.
    ~Annie

  5. #15
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love what I have now. The only thing I would change is I would buy Felicity's Town Fair gown when I had the chance. I really really wanted it, but for some reason never put it on my Christmas list (I think I asked for one of Addy's dresses instead). Now I'll never have it :-(

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by greenehorn:
    I do feel like I would be on AG overload if I had all the dolls, and frankly they don't all appeal to me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's how I feel. There's some dolls that, while pretty, aren't of my tastes.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member brazilian_girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2005
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Juliette,

    Since you live in Australia, maybe getting a doll's whole collection will be difficult, many items are heavy like beds, trunks, etc..

    I would love to have Samantha's entire collection and was thinking of buying her bed and commode, at least. But I really don't think I would have room for them.

    Maybe you can start with one or two dolls that you like more and buy some outfits.

    The only "furniture" item I have bought so far is the school desk for Samantha, paid around 20 dollars for it and the seller charged me more 20 something to send it (didn't arrive yet because it was the cheapest rate).

    Ana Claudia
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

  8. #18
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Out of the two options given, I'd get each historical with one outfit each. However, I would prefer to do what I'm doing and that is just buying what I like in each girl's collection, plus the AGT dolls and stuff I like. [img]smile.gif[/img] I olike alot of variety, and I hope in the future to be able to have actual rooms set up for each of the historical girls! I love looking at them, I love dressing them, I love playing with them...heck, I love everything about them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •